Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bring me bread!

01 November 2006

I’m “lunching” in a restaurant and over hear a man talking with a Japanese woman who appears to be his date. They’re speaking in English, I think because she doesn’t know French nor he Japanese. She wants bread but the server forgets to bring it out with the meal (as was the case for me too) and she asks the man if he can get the server. He quickly takes care of the problem, signaling to the waiter he’d like bread. Then he turns to his date and says, “See, it’s not like America where you have to whistle and shout to get what you want.” I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh. OK, maybe if you eat at Red Robbins there’s an occasional shout, but normally there is no need. Why? Because the waiter COMES BACK TO THE TABLE. Unlike France where the server brings your food and doesn’t come back for another hour. I don’t think I’ve ever whistled at a waiter, I just wait until they come back to my table, because they check back all the time. If anything, I get annoyed in America because they try to serve me TOO much…not because I have to shout to get bread. Oh Mr. French Dude, if you could only know my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home